WELCOME to The Art of Making a Home Joyful

Thank you for visiting The Art of Making a Home Joyful. Feel free to browse and leave comments!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Menu Plan Monday #4


Week of November 13-November 19, 2006
NOTE: This week will be a boring menu week. I will be preparing for our trip to California and cooking will somewhat drop on my priority list.
Monday: Pizza
NOTE: Mondays are Pizza nights at OurHome. I am usually out during the day running errands and by the end I am usually too tired to think about cooking and I just pop in a DiGiorno Pizza for dinner.
Tuesday: Leftover Crockpot Chicken and Cornbread Stuffing from last week's menu
Wednesday: Fiesta Meatloaf with Chicken Flavored rice and steamed veggies

NOTE: This recipe idea was from Laura's I'm an Organizing Junkie blog.
Thursday: Meatloaf leftovers
Friday: Roasted chicken with white rice and steamed veggies

Saturday: DearDaughter's 1st Birthday Dinner w/ friend!!!
- Spaghetti w/ meat sauce and steamed veggies
- Hummingbird cake
.....- This recipe calls for self-rising flour
Sunday: On our way to California!!!


Update from last week:



The Hearty Hash Brown Dinner was really good!!! I enjoyed it so much that I ate the leftovers all by myself and bought another box of pizza to eat for dinner.
NOTE: I didn't eat the leftovers in one sitting, but by the time DearHubby came home there wasn't enough left for dinner.
NOTE: Since DearHubby doesn't like french-fried onions, I left them off the main dish and just sprinkled it on my plate. When serving, you can do the same by just putting the french-fried onion in a separate bowl.



The Crockpot Chicken and Cornbread Stuffing was OK. There seemed to be a missing flavor, like I wanted to have some sweet corn kernels mixed in there too. Maybe I'll try that next time.


Join the fun at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

5 comments:

Angie said...

That hummingbird cake sounds interesting! Hope you have a great week and your daughter has a great birthday!

sherry said...

Thanks for giving the reviews of the recipes that you tried! It's always nice to hear what someone else thinks of them too!

Sherry

Sandra said...

Great menu, the cake sounds so good :)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh boy, my mom used to make hummingbird cakes. That really brings back memories :) I have never tried one though, I remember them being a bit of work!

Have a great week, and a wonderful trip!

Rona's Home Page said...

Have a safe trip to California.