Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home Life...Adjusting

We went to Chick-Fil-A last night...I know, I know, we have food in the freezer from the abundance of food we received last week and we even have a whole cooked chicken and mashed potatoes in the refrigerator, so we had no excuse to spend money to eat out, but I'm beginning to get cabin fever and just needed to get out of the house.

Anyway, when I was pregnant and went out to eat, I usually sat on the outside to make it easier for me to get in and out. Last night, when I came back with our food, I noticed all the outside seats were taken and my family sat me on the inside, near the window. I was shocked to find out that I could actually squeeze through to the back without hitting anything, anybody, or myself. My big belly is gone!

A few nights after coming home from the hospital I sat down to relax with DearHubby to watch a missed episode of The Office, our favorite TV show, and I went to prop my arms on my belly and my arm rest was gone. Hmmmm :}

Yeah, although DearDaughter3 is now with us, everything has still been so surreal and I am still in disbelief that she is with us and that I am no longer pregnant. I still keep thinking of April 18th, her due date, and waiting for it to come. Everything has gone by so quickly, from the birthing experience to bringing her home, that it just doesn't seem real. DearHubby seems to think the same thing as he commented that he can't believe DearDaughter3 is actually a real person here with us. Yet, daily, we see my stomach shrinking and our Little One IS here.

Last week was a bit difficult being home with the girls alone. Though God has been very merciful to me by giving me an easier recovery from this C-section versus the recovery from my C-section with DearDaughter1, I was still in a bit of pain last week. My desire was to just concentrate on myself and DearDaughter3. I was glad when Thursday afternoon came along and DearHubby arrived home from work. Since DearHubby works in a Christian company he had Good Friday off and I was relieved for his short work week so that he could help me out. The most difficult part so far has been caring for my 2 older girls...DearDaughter3 sleeps a lot, but I am feeding her every 3 hours and giving her that undivided attention for at least 30 minutes and up to 45 minutes. It's during that time when the older girls want my attention and really act up by being disobedient or whiny.

Blessing...God has been very merciful as I have not taken any pain medications since Resurrection Day Sunday!

This is my first full week home with the girls alone. I've got a lot of things running through my mind like when will I get this done and when will I get that done and how will I meet her need or her need or her need?...Ahhh (sigh)...

So, how do you juggle 3 children? One child at a time.

How do you juggle 3 children and a house full of chores and in laws coming next week and parents coming the week after next?

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:4-7, 13)

1 comment:

crystal said...

Okay, I am behind on commenting on here, I have been taking a huge computer break to focus on my family and home.

When I had just two littles, it was easier, but when Jason came along, I was faced with the same thing you are. I found that when feeding time came with Jason, if I would get the girls and sit them down by my chair, with books to read, or with crayons and coloring books, they behaved really well. Sometimes, if they really needed my attention....I would sit in the middle of the couch, put my boppy under Jason, put one girl on each side...my feet on the footstool, and read to the girls while feeding Jason.

As far as trying to get the house clean. I did the basics. I swept, dishes, laundry, and vacuumed....I let the girls have dust rags and they dusted when they wanted to and I got the high stuff while Jason slept.

As Jason got older, and was staying awake for longer periods, I put im in his swing, in his bouncy seat, on a blanket on the floor, and rotated him about every 15 minutes...during the time that I was rotating him, I let the girls help me, they would help me put him in the swing, buckle his bouncy seat (of course I checked it.) or put the blanket on the floor. They also helped when It was time to feed, they got things I needed. And if I was doing something in the kitchen, he was usually in his bouncy seat watching, and the girls were helping.

I dont know if that helps at all but it is how I juggled three. Constantly paying attention to them and always switching places.

I hope you recover quicly and will keep you in my prayers.

WELCOME to The Art of Making a Home Joyful

Thank you for visiting The Art of Making a Home Joyful. Feel free to browse and leave comments!