America’s Top 10 Healthiest Fast Food Restaurants
By Tracy Minkin and Brittani Renaud
From Health magazine
See entire article here: http://living.health.com/2009/02/19/americas-healthiest-fast-food-restaurants/
1. Panera Bread Over 1,230 locations nationwide
Try it: Delicious, nutrient-packed combos like half a Turkey Artichoke on focaccia bread with a bowl of black bean or garden vegetable soup.
Danger zone: Sticky buns and cheese Danishes are on display at the counter.
2. Jason's Deli 206 locations in the West, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, South
Try it: Any sandwich on an organic whole-wheat wrap.
Danger zone: High-sodium counts on some sandwiches.
3. Au Bon Pain 280 locations nationwide
Try it: Low-calorie soups, from Jamaican Black Bean to Fire Roasted Exotic Grains and Vegetables.
Danger zone: The sodium counts can get high if you don't pay attention.
4. Noodles and Company 204 locations in West, Midwest, South
Try it: The whole-grain linguine-usually hard to find when eating out.
Danger zone: The desserts.
5. Corner Bakery café 111 locations in West, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, South
Try it: Healthy oven-roasted chicken that comes with most pastas and salads.
Danger zone: You have to go to their Web site to get nutritional info.
6. Chipotle 800+ locations nationwide
Try it: Burrito Bowls, which let you skip the tortilla-and the extra carbs.
Danger zone: Make sure you go light on cheese and sour cream.
7. Atlanta Bread 106 locations in 24 states (Southeast, West, and North)
Try it: The entrée salads like Salsa Fresca Salmon Salad
Danger zone: Pasta entrees at some locations are offered with bread … that's a whole lot of carbs!
8. McDonald's 14,000 locations nationwide
Try it: The chain's 260- to 270-calorie Snack Wraps (choose grilled chicken) for protein without a lot of unwanted carbs.
Danger zone: Although McDonald's made our list, this is still the land of super-sizing and giant sodas. It's up to you to request a small.
9. Einstein Bros. Bagels 649 locations nationwide
Try it: The high-fiber Veg Out on a sesame seed bagel.
Danger zone: "Overstuffed" size sandwiches are a calorie nightmare.
10. Taco Del Mar 270 locations in 22 states
Try it: The 460- to 555-calorie Mondito-size burrito, which fills you up but keeps fat and sodium in check.
Danger zone: The breakfasts. In particular, steer clear of the Mondo Breakfast Burritos, which are more than 1,000 calories.