by Jeannette Anderson
modified by In Pursuit of His Call
(find the original recipe in Country Ground Beef cook book)
2 pounds ground beef (original recipe calls for 1 1/2 pounds)
1 jar of store bought spaghetti sauce (original recipe gives directions to make sauce)
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
16 ounces cottage cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain
2. Stir in spaghetti sauce and season to your taste
3. Cover the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish with a thin layer of meat sauce.
4. Layer three lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of the remaining sauce (2x).
5. For the last layer, layer three lasagna noodles, last third of the cottage cheese, last third of the sauce, and last third of the mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees (F) for 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.