Thursday, May 03, 2007

May 3, 2007

Verse of the Day:
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)

Yesterday was another tiring day for me. The backpain and the upper respitory infection that I've struggled with have just sucked all the energy from me and I am just so tired, even after doing so little.

I was behind on my daily chores from Tuesday and so I spent the morning trying to catch up on those.

I had planned to give DearDaughter a bath by 9:30am, but I was running late and so I had the clever idea of having her shower with me. Bad idea as it turned out she doesn't feel secure without her infant tub and she freaked out the whole time. So turning on the shower was even out of the question and keeping the faucet on wasted more water and when it came to cleaning myself, I had to bathe in cold water.

The reason I needed to save time was because I had an ultra-sound appointment and I was running late.

I got to my appointment in time and had anticipated to be home by 2pm. Well, when we got to the hospital, there were several women in the waiting room of the ultra-sound division. Then, when it was my turn, the normal ultra-sound still showed a marginal low lying placenta and so I had to do an internal ultra-sound. After my ultra-sound I had to wait for the doctor to talk to me about the results. It turns out that my placenta is fine, but the ultra-sound did reveal that LittleOne2 is on the big side. She was measuring about 3", the size of a 30 week old. I was a bit discouraged by that news because I desire a VBAC, but if the baby's just as big as DearDaughter1, then the OB will only do a C-section.

Well, by the time I arrived home, it was past 3pm. I hadn't eaten lunch yet and so I did that. By the time I was done with lunch, I was beat. I had planned to do my Wednesday chores when I got home, but all I wanted to do was lie down. I attempted to lay down on my bed with DearDaughter. I built a fortress of pillows on the edge so that she wouldn't fall off, but she was so brave in trying to climb off the bed that she fell anyway. Blessedly our floor is carpeted and it cushioned her fall and the fall didn't phase her a bit.

After DearDaughter's fall, we went back into the living room and I sat on the couch while I watched DearDaughter play. I waited for DearHubby to get home and as soon as he did, I went to lie down for 30 minutes. I then got back up to prepare dinner. Since I had such a late lunch, I didn't eat with DearHubby or DearDaughter. I prepared myself for my Bible study and left a little early since I needed to get gas.

I had hoped to do some chores when I got home, but then I remembered I hadn't had dinner yet, so I made myself a turkey sandwich and took some time to just enjoy my food.

I didn't get much accomplished here at home yesterday and my chores are just piling up.

Today, I'm meeting a friend for a walk and then later tonight I return to church to help out with the National Day of Prayer.

I don't normally fill up my calendar this much and it doesn't even sound like much, but since I haven't had much energy lately, everything I do just sucks the life out of me. It kind of discourages me because one of the priorities that DearHusband had asked of me to make was to take care of my body for LittleOne2. I have neglected doing that and in some way feel guilty that her big size may have something to do with my lack of diligence.

Anyway, I took the sugar blood test on Tuesday and called about the results. I hope the results show that I am negative for gestational diabetes and that her big size is not due to that.

1 comment:

Trish D said...

Continuing to pray for you.

WELCOME to The Art of Making a Home Joyful

Thank you for visiting The Art of Making a Home Joyful. Feel free to browse and leave comments!