Picture hosted by www.holdthatpic.com
We had some leftover salmon from last week's menu and for some reason I was craving salmon soup. I have always been intimidated by making soup because I don't know what to put in it so I don't make soup. Well, I guess with me being pregnant, my craving for salmon soup overpowered my inability to make soup and so I just threw a few simple ingredients together. To my surprise, it turned out really good and even DearDaughter enjoyed it!!! In addition, it only took 5 minutes to make!!!
Seving size: 1
1 to 1 1/2 cups water
Leftover Lipton's chicken flavored rice
Spinach (as much or as little to your liking)
Asian fish sauce (patis) or salt (to taste)
1. Pour water into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. While water is boiling, place leftover rice into soup bowl and microwave rice for 1 minute.
2. Cut salmon into bite-sized pieces and add it to boiling water.
3. Add Asian fish sauce or salt to taste.
4. Add spinach and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Pour soup into soup bowl over rice.