Recipe found on Martha Stewart
Nonstick vegetable spray
All-purpose flour, for pans
3 Cups self-rising flour
2 Cups granulated sugar
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
1/2 Cup finely chopped pecans
2 very ripe large bananas, mashed
1 (8-ounce) crushed pineapple, with juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 large eggs, beaten
1 Pound (1 box) confectioners' sugar, (for the frosting)
1 (8-ounces) cream cheese, room temperature (for the frosting)
6 Tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened (for the frosting)
1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract, (for the frosting)
1 Tablespoon milk, or more if needed (for the frosting)
1/2 Cup finely chopped pecans, (for the frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray and flour three 8-by-2-inch round cake pans, tapping out excess flour; set aside.
2. Prepare the cake; in a large bowl, stir to combine self-rising flour, sugar, oil, pecans, bananas, pineapple, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs.
3. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans, smoothing with an offset spatula. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until the tops spring back when gently pressed with your fingertips, 26 to 28 minutes.
4. Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto wire rack. Re-invert cakes and let them cool completely, top sides up.
5. Prepare the frosting; in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon milk on medium speed until frosting is smooth. If needed, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to achieve the proper spreading consistency.
6. Using a serrated knife, trim tops of cakes to make level. Place four strips of parchment paper around perimeter of a serving plate or lazy Susan. Place the first layer on the cake plate. Spread the top of the first layer with 1/4 of the frosting. Place the second layer on top and repeat process with another 1/4 of the frosting. Place the remaining layer on top of the second layer bottom side up. Spread entire cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle the top with pecans. Remove parchment paper strips; refrigerate until ready to serve.